Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When someone askes to borrow money...

Do you feel that they intend to pay you back when they don't mention that part?

It just kills me when folks come with the sob story about borrowing money, but leave out any words that would give any indication that they intend to repay you.

I had a cousin send an email once asking to borrow money, and he actually said he would not be able to repay it. At least he was honest, but I think that was probably the worst way to ask for money. He would have done better by saying that he had no idea when he'd be able to repay.... contingent on a job or something....

I've helped folks out here and there... Sometimes never being repaid. I never loan money that would put my personal finance in jeopardy. I wish this economy would get better. I get tired of folks 'hittin' me up'.... I don't have it! I have bills to pay too! I am not debt free, and thank God, I still have a job.

No comments: