Friday, October 16, 2009

Capitalism... A Love Story (a must see!)

Here's my take on the movie...

I was depressing, and some parts were down right sickening. I left there feeling like we live in such a selfish, moronic society. He mentioned in the movie the incredible way that so many people who are actually victimized by the mechanisms in place to keep them poor, line up to support their victimizers. It is something incredible.

There was one part where a man and his family who owned their farm for over 4 decades, were being evicted, and the bank had the nerve to tell them they'd pay them $1000 to clean the place up before they leave. I was cussing out loud on that part.

And when they showed the war zone looking parts of Flint, and Detroit MI, it just made me shake my head. I just had to wonder what is being gained by forcing people to live in tents, while so many homes sit empty and deteriorating. What kind of country are we living in? Selfish, abominable!

One neighborhood took matters into their own hands when a family was being evicted, and tore the boards off the windows and doors and let the family back in. The police came, but the people were protesting so they finally left. And then there was the Sheriff in another town who decided that he was not evicting anyone else for the banks. I wish there were a lot more sheriff's like that man.

But the best part was Moore trying to make a citizens arrest of the Wall St. bankers and he drove up in an armored vehicle to collect the billions that were stolen from 'the people'. It was dramatic and symbolic... I liked that he did that.

I left there feeling like if things keep spiraling downward for 95% of folks while 1% owns all the wealth, there will be a revolution. Its just gonna get more and more ugly out here. There is no excuse for the greed that we are witnessing.

I hope others who saw the movie chime in with more comments.

No comments: