Saturday, October 30, 2010

Quality has been flushed down the 'low flow' toilet!

I wrote a blog about this years ago... and unfortunately, things have not gotten better. It is just sad that we live in a world where no longer is quality a priority... it's all about how cheap can a product be made, and how much money can be reaped in a short amount of time for it. It's not about long term sales anymore... just sell the junk until no one buys it anymore, make as much as you can and then move on to something else.

How do we stop rewarding this bad behavior? And the reason I am so pissed this morning is because my printer broke last night.... and I wanted to print fliers (with that expensive ink that I bought), to pass out in NYC today at the Circle of Sisters Expo. UGH!

I have 3 HP printers... 1 is an old clunker from the early '90s that still works fine. It's an old black and white, high volume printer that uses one of those huge toner cartridges. I also have another old HP color printer... it's at least 8 years old now.... it still works fine but it's 'pre' photo card capable and the print quality isn't all that great, but it still works.

And then I have this stupid HP printer i bought a little over a year ago. First, the wireless part stopped working a few months in. I gave up on trying to figure that out, and now, it just stopped working altogether. It keeps saying that my ink cartridges are incompatible.

I went online last night and found a lot of the same complaint about other HP printers too. They give all kinds of steps to take, try this, try that.... get service. Please! The damn printer cost $80. How much will it cost to take it somewhere to get serviced? I don't even remember if I paid for a warranty package... I suppose I'll take a look in my file now that I've calmed down a bit... LOL! I was ready to take the damn printer to the dumpster last night.

What printers are the best to have these days?

We should share more about quality products. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: